Understanding the ADEA and Title VII
This workshop is designed to educate managers on discrimination by defining and giving examples of conduct that violates Title VII and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”). Additionally this module explains the responsibilities of management in maintaining a work environment free of discrimination.
This section will educate management employees on discrimination on the basis of Title VII and the ADEA in:
- Terms and conditions of employment.
- Discuss which employment decisions/actions are covered by Title VII?
- Examine what the laws do NOT require
- Have the opportunity to discuss their organization’s policies on Title VII and the ADEA
- Learn to recognize potential discrimination situations
- Realize that it is their obligation as a manager to report discrimination
- Understand the legal (and other) consequences of allowing discrimination to occur and/or continue
Format: 2-4 Hours